Monday, June 5, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (June 5, 2017)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading... 

Well, my teaching career is over except for the final workday which is mostly a breakfast, awards ceremony and final faculty meeting. I have all my grades done, my personal stuff taken home, and my files as purged as I want them to be. I also have to turn in my district-issued laptop which should take less than 5 minutes and complete check-out forms at both buildings (another 5 minutes). I have to stay until 2 PM on Monday so I'm bringing a book for some concentrated reading time.

At home, I have final packing and purging to do. One more trip with things for the Salvation Army and for the food bank is on my to-do list. I'm hoping to have substantial reading time early in the week because I know Thursday and Friday will be too busy for reading. The moving van comes Thursday, then I drive to Duluth, and Friday the moving van arrives at my new house to unload. I really want it to be next Saturday even though I know I'll be surrounded by boxes that need to be unpacked.

Read Last Week
We Come Apart by Sarah Crossan and Brian Conaghan is a novel in verse. It tells the story of two young people, both with difficult home situations, who find each other for support. I enjoyed the story. My review will be posted on June 10.

The Last Place You Look by Kristen Lepionka was a mystery the was nicely twisty. I enjoyed the main character who has a drinking problem and a complex romantic life. My review will be posted on June 14.
Want by Cindy Pon is a near-future science fiction story about haves and have-nots in a very polluted Taipei. I liked the way the main character grew and changed through the story. I also liked the all-too-plausible world building. My review will be posted on June 7.

Come and Find Me by Hallie Ephron was a thriller from my TBR mountain. This story also had a very twisty plot and an engaging main character. My review will be posted on June 10.

Currently
I have two from my review stack:
  • More of Me by Kathryn Evans - YA, June 13
  • Indigo by Charlaine Harris et al. - Adult, June 20
Next Week
Two from TBR mountain:
Three from the review stack:
Reviews Posted
A Merciful Truth by Kendra Elliot
Run to Ground by Katie Ruggle
The Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson
What I Lost by Alexandra Ballard

Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
White Hot by Ilona Andrews
Come Sundown by Nora Roberts
Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine - review from Kindle First

What was your week like?

11 comments:

  1. Good luck with moving. I hope you get some quiet ime for reading in all the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyballing Delia's Shadow for years (literally.) I can't wait to read your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new life and new home! You have organized everything so well that it will unfold very smoothly, I'm sure.

    I loved Come Find Me (Hallie Ephron is a favorite), and I'm curious about The Last Place You Look.

    Stillhouse Lake is one I've been noticing.

    Enjoy! Have a great week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!

    Della's Shadow looks good.

    I just finished a book by Hallie Ephron...You'll Never Know, Dear. It was good.

    Have a wonderful week!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the last day of work and moving! You'll soon be settled into the new house and all will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the upcoming move. We're just starting that journey ourselves. I'm putting What I Lost on my wishlist. Armchair Book Expo, getting ready to move, drama club, and a volunteers' tea. Come see what I'm reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the last day + move! I hope you're able to fit in some reading time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the last day and move! It's always nice to finally be settled! Nice reads too! Lots of new to me ones but I just stared Stillhouse Lake today and liking it so far. Only about 100 pages in, but things are just starting to get interesting!! Hope you enjoy the reads for the week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder how you are feeling ending your career of many years. Bittersweet no doubt. Very exciting times ahead though, all the best for the move. I have Nora Robert's new book on its way to me. Can't resist her really.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your retirement! May the next chapter of your life be the best yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!! You have all new horizons ahead of you, so exciting! Stillhouse Lake looks really good too.

    E

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!